This page may be outdated and contain wrong or not all information. However, you can find most of the available settings with a brief description in the default settings file (**Preferences | Settings - Default** or :file:`Default/Preferences.sublime-settings`).
- Customization - Settings
- A detailed overview on settings in Sublime Text and their order of precedence.
These settings can only be modified from Preferences.sublime-settings and Preferences (platform).sublime-settings.
- Theme to be used. Accepts a file base name (e. g.: Default.sublime-theme).
- Set to 0 to disable smooth scrolling. Set to a value between 0 and 1 to scroll slower, or set to a value larger than 1 to scroll faster.
- Exiting the application or window with an associated project with hot_exit enabled will cause it to close immediately without prompting. Unsaved modifications and open files will be preserved and restored when next starting.
- Determines whether to reopen the buffers that were open when Sublime Text was last closed.
- OS X only. When filters are opened from Finder, or by dragging onto the dock icon, this controls if a new window is created or not.
- Close windows as soon as the last file is closed, unless there’s a folder open within the window.
- Show the full path to files in the title bar.
- If true, preview file contents when clicking on a file in the side bar. Double clicking or editing the preview will open the file and assign it a tab.
- Excludes the matching folders from the side bar, GoTo Anything, etc.
- Excludes the matching files from the side bar, GoTo Anything, etc.
- Excludes the matching files from GoTo Anything and Find in Files but not the side bar.
- If false, hides the tabs’ close buttons until the mouse hovers over the tab.
- If true, scrolling the mouse wheel will cause tabs to switch if the cursor is in the tab area.
- OS X only. When filters are opened from Finder, or by dragging onto the dock icon, this controls whether a new window is created or not.
- A list of packages that will be ignored (not loaded).
Whitespace and Indentation¶
- Toggles automatic indentation.
- Number of spaces a tab is considered equal to.
- Determines whether to replace a tab character with tab_size number of spaces when Tab is pressed.
- If translate_tabs_to_spaces is true, will make Tab and Backspace insert/delete tab_size number of spaces per key press.
- Toggles deletion of white space added by auto_indent.
- Set to false to disable detection of tabs vs. spaces whenever a buffer is loaded. If set to true, it automatically will modify translate_tabs_to_spaces and tab_size.
- Valid values: none, selection, all.
- Set to true to remove white space on save.
- Sets the colors used for text highlighting. Accepts a path rooted at the data directory (e.g.: Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Monokai Bright.tmTheme).
- Font face to be used for editable text.
- Size of the font for editable text.
- Valid values: bold, italic, no_antialias, gray_antialias, subpixel_antialias, directwrite (Windows).
- Toggles display of gutter.
- Columns in which to display vertical rules. Accepts a list of numeric values (such as [79, 89, 99]) or a single numeric value (for example, 79).
- Set to true to draw a border around the minimap’s region corresponding to the the view’s currently visible text. The active color scheme’s minimapBorder key controls the border’s color.
- Set to false to stop highlighting lines with a cursor.
- Additional spacing at the top of each line, in pixels.
- Additional spacing at the bottom of each line, in pixels.
- Set to false to disable scrolling past the end of the buffer. If true, Sublime Text will leave a wide, empty margin between the last line and the bottom of the window.
- Toggles display of line numbers in the gutter.
- If set to false, long lines will be clipped instead of wrapped. Scroll the screen horizontally to see the clipped text.
- If greater than 0, wraps long lines at the specified column as opposed to the window width. Only takes effect if word_wrap is set to true.
- If set to false, wrapped lines will not be indented. Only takes effect if word_wrap is set to true.
- If set to true, text will be drawn centered rather than left-aligned.
- Set to false to disable underlining the brackets surrounding the cursor.
- Set this to false if you’d rather have brackets highlighted only when the cursor is next to one.
- Set to false to stop highlighting square brackets. Only takes effect if match_brackets is true.
- Set to false to stop highlighting curly brackets. Only takes effect if match_brackets is true.
- Set to false to stop highlighting angle brackets. Only takes effect if match_brackets is true.
- Toggles automatic pairing of quotes, brackets, etc.
- Set to true to save files automatically when switching to a different file or application.
- If true, the selected text will be copied into the find panel when it’s shown.
- Characters considered to divide words for actions like advancing the cursor, etc. Not used for every context where a notion of a word separator is useful (for example, word wrapping). In some contexts, the text might be tokenized based on other criteria (for example, the syntax definition rules).
- Always adds a new line at the end of the file if not present when saving.
System and Miscellaneous Settings¶
- Returns true if the buffer is an input field in a dialog, as opposed to a regular buffer.
- Toggles the spell checker.
- Word list to be used by the spell checker. Accepts a path rooted at the data directory (such as :path:`Packages/Language - English/en_US.dic`). You can add more dictionaries.
- The encoding to use when the encoding can’t be determined automatically. ASCII, UTF-8 and UTF-16 encodings will be detected automatically .
- Determines what characters to use to designate new lines. Valid values: system (OS-dependant), windows (CRLF) and unix (LF).
- Determines whether pressing Tab will insert completions.
File and Directory Settings¶
- Sets the default save folder for the view.
- If set to true, the buffer will ignore key strokes. Useful when emulating Vim’s modal behavior.